Helping Texas Parents Receive Child Support

Child support allows parents to provide for their children’s basic needs, even if the couple is no longer together. It can also help children enjoy a similar lifestyle when living with each parent.

If you are a divorcing or unmarried parent in the Dallas-Fort Worth area who needs child support, Hope Family Law P.C., can assist you. You can rely on me, Leslie Martin Hope, to advocate for you and your child’s right to receive fair support. As a family law specialist certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, I understand what it takes to advocate for you, even when the road seems tough.

How Does Texas Determine Child Support?

Parents have the right to work cooperatively and determine a child support arrangement out of court. If necessary, a family law judge will issue a legally binding decision. Texas calculates child support payments by taking a percentage of the supporting parent’s monthly income. The percentage depends on how many children require support. The court can consider several other factors, including:

  • The child’s age and financial needs
  • The custody and visitation arrangement
  • The parents’ assets and income
  • The cost of childcare
  • Health insurance considerations
  • Additional costs such as school tuition

If you already received a court order you need to modify, I can help you petition the court for a post-judgment modification. I can also answer any questions you have about child support or other related issues.

Compassionate Counsel In And Out Of Court

I understand the stress and emotional difficulty that often accompany child support disputes. In my family legal practice, I have developed the skills to facilitate amicable negotiations between spouses. If necessary, however, I am prepared to fight for you in court. Even in litigation, I try to minimize the impact of a legal battle on your life and your children, allowing you to raise your family in peace.

Talk To A Divorce And Child Support Attorney Today

At Hope Family Law P.C., I can assist you with the many steps in seeking child support. To speak with me in person, please schedule an initial consultation today. You can call me at 972-521-1961 or send me an email.