Leslie Martin Hope
Leslie Hope grew up in Dallas, Texas. She received a bachelor's degree in 1987, and a law degree in 1992, from Southern Methodist University. She has been licensed to practice in Texas since 1992. She is also licensed to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts in Texas, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Ms. Hope has been board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in family law since 2004, and has been recertified every year since. Ms. Hope is also a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. She has handled cases all over Texas involving complex property issues, appeals and adoptions.
She served as a board of director of the Family Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association, and is a member of the Annette Stewart Inn of Court, an organization promoting ethics in the legal profession. She has also volunteered as a visiting associate judge in the family courts of Dallas County. She is a member of the Dallas Bar Association.
Ms. Hope was also a member of Park Cities Rotary Club, a service organization, where she served on various committees, and the Board of Directors. Ms. Hope and her husband have previously fostered a child for the past six years and have fostered hundreds of dogs from local shelters until they are adopted or sent to their out of state rescue.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Probate Law
- Texas, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1997
Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 05/1992
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Annette Stewart Inn of Court, Member, 2006 to 2008
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, 1992 to Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section, Board Member, 2006 to 2008
- Park Cities Rotary Club, Secretary, 2007 to 2008
- Park Cities Rotary Club, Board of Directors, 2008 to 2009
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, 1994 to Present
- Alpha Delta Phi
- “Legislative Update,” Leslie G. Martin & Brad LaMorgese, Family Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association, May 9, 2007
- “Rules of the Road: Maintaining High Ethical Standards,” Leslie G. Martin & Thomas E. Keane
- National Business Institute, “A Roadmap Through Divorce Proceedings,” Dallas, Texas, November 3, 2008